[Mimedefang] What to do w/ SPAM?

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Sep 21 18:59:01 EDT 2002

    It's 11pm.  Do you know where your SPAM is?  And I'm not referring to Stuff
Posing As Meat.  I'm referring to email SPAM.

    Seriously, what do people do with this stuff?  action_discard()?
action_bounce()?   I don't know how well action_bounce() would work since many
of these have spoofed email addresses, so you'd end up with the bounce anyway,
cluttering up the postmaster's account on your system.

    And, action_discard() just pitches the thing, and the culprit will just
assume their mail got delivered since they didn't get any bounce messages.
This might not work in cases where someone does send you legitimate email, but
accidentally gets tagged as SPAM (and consequently pitched.)

    What do you do?

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.