[Mimedefang] Re: How to exclude localhost from MD/SA checks

Ellen Clary ellen at dgi.com
Thu Sep 19 19:45:01 EDT 2002

Well I did something vaguely similar today in mimedefang-filter.

Spam Assassin 2.41 is way more thorough than version 2.20 and I was concerned
about our own emails being tagged.  So I have mail that's originating from our
internal mailhost not scanned for spam.  (Having our domain whitelisted in the
spam assassin configuration file was letting in spam that forged our domain in
the from line.)

I cat the contents of the HOSTIP file into a variable and check that (there's
probably a better way so I'll not put the code in).  If it matches the IP of
our mail server then the routine for checking with spam assassin is not called.
 I went with the IP matching as it's more precise than the name.

Would some variation of that work for you?

Ellen Clary
Senior System Administrator
Dynamic Graphics