[Mimedefang] Cascading virus scanners

Aaron Paetznick aaronp at critd.com
Thu Sep 19 14:49:01 EDT 2002

What if I wanted paranoid-level virus scanning?  Could I run several
different virus scanners in series?  Would the following be the most
efficient method?

sub message_contains_virus () {
   if (message_contains_virus_filescan()) {
     return message_contains_virus_filescan();
   } elsif (message_contains_virus_clamav()) {
     return message_contains_virus_clamav();
   } else {
     return (wantarray ? (0, 'ok', 'ok') : 0);
   }
}

This allows me to optimize the stack and make my prefered scanner come
first, but I'm efectively calling the scan twice to do this.  There has
to be a better way...

Opinions?

--Aaron