[Mimedefang] Delet a particular header

Michael Pellegrino mikep at softerware.com
Thu Sep 19 13:33:00 EDT 2002

I have a client using an older email system.  Their SMTP server adds a
"Content-ID:" heaer to each message that has an attachment.

Unfortunately, this breaks recent versions of Outlook.  Since MS doesn't
seem to want to aknowledge this bug, and I believe the "Content-ID:" header
doesn't matter, is there a way to delete that particular header from
outgoing emails?

I should rephrase that, I know it is possible, I just don't know how to code
it.

This, by the way, is basically the fix for PINE that was released to address
the same problem.

Tanks,

Mike