[Mimedefang] RE: Is hyphen a valid character ??

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Wed Sep 18 12:01:01 EDT 2002

I saw that email come across my system as well.  It was rejected based
on a lookup to relays.osirusoft.com in my filter_recipient routine.

I have found that using the DNS blacklists as well as SpamAssassin has
greatly cut down on my SPAM traffic.

Add the following to your filter and restart MIMEDefang with the
appropriate command line options (that is, tell MIMEDefang that you want
to use filter_relay):

sub filter_relay {
    my ($ip, $hostname) = @_;

    # Check a few online databases
    if (relay_is_blacklisted($ip, "relays.ordb.org")) {
	return (0, "Relay $hostname refused by blackhole site
relays.ordb.org. Please see http://www.ordb.org/faq/#why_rejected");
    }
    if (relay_is_blacklisted($ip, "list.dsbl.org")) {
	return (0, "Relay $hostname refused by blackhole site
list.dsbl.org.  Please see http://dsbl.org");
    }
    if (relay_is_blacklisted($ip, "relays.osirusoft.com") ) {
	return (0, "Relay $hostname refused by blackhole site
relays.osirusoft.com.  No further information");
    }
    return (1, "ok");
}

Troy