[Mimedefang] deleting headers?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Sep 9 08:54:00 EDT 2002

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Stephane Lentz wrote:

> mimedefang.pl.in could include some new PROCEDURE action_delete_header
> to make it clear that does it but I don't know if it is worth adding it ...
> David, what's your opinion?

I have added action_delete_header, because I don't like overloading the
meaning of functions.

In the CVS version, which will soon be 2.21-BETA-1, I have made these
changes:

- Added an optional index argument to action_change_header.  This lets you
  change the n'th occurrence of a header, and corresponds to the argument
  in the milter API.  Index defaults to one, so existing filters will work
  the way they always used to.

- Added action_delete_header($hdr, $idx) which deletes the idx'th header
  named $hdr.

Please note that the protocol changed a bit; you must always run the same
version of the Perl filter as the C glue code.