[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin 2.40 experiences?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Sep 4 17:00:01 EDT 2002

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Nels Lindquist wrote:

> How did you test 2.40?

spamassassin -t < spam_message

> If you forwarded the message to yourself for processing by MD/SA
> (which is what I generally used to do) your MUA may have added
> Resent* and References* headers, which are newly recognized by SA 2.4
> as being strongly indicative of non-spam.

No, but it deducted 2.4 points for the "Organization:" header, which this
e-mail had.  That's a bad move, IMO.  Also, a bunch of rules which
had positive weightings under 2.31 have negative weightings under 2.40.
That's why the genetic algorithm makes me really nervous...