[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin 2.40 experiences?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Sep 4 13:27:01 EDT 2002

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Stephane Lentz wrote:

> David, maybe 2.41-cvs has better weights yet.

I'm getting nervous... the weights have changed a lot between 2.31
and 2.40.  I know they use a genetic algorithm to determine the
weights.  The problem with that is that it can perturb the weights
chaotically, and there's no guarantee you'll come up with an optimal
solution, or even be able to tell how far you are from optimal.

I wonder if something like simulated annealing might be better?  Maybe
it will produce more stable results.  Does anyone (i) know what simulated
annealing is, and (ii) feel like implementing it? :-)

Has anyone heard any more about the Baynesian analysis that was all the
rage a few weeks ago?