[Mimedefang] mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com

David G. Andersen dga at lcs.mit.edu
Tue Sep 3 14:46:02 EDT 2002

We have a smallish message (330k) that manages to cause mimedefang
to go through the roof in CPU utilization and memory consumption.
Is there a way to convince md to deliver these things unscanned,
or -- even better -- not to freak out on them in the first place?
I haven't done too much to track down where the bug is happening,
but spamassassin alone doesn't appear to be the culprit
(spamassassin -t < message completes in a few minutes).

A copy of the message with domains deleted is at

  http://eep.lcs.mit.edu/badmail.txt

It's a bounce message from majordomo to which someone sent
a lot of MIME...

(please CC: me;  I'm not on the list).  Thanks,

  -Dave

work: dga at lcs.mit.edu                          me:  dga at pobox.com
      MIT Laboratory for Computer Science           http://www.angio.net/
      I do not accept unsolicited commercial email.  Do not spam me.