[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang survey...

Steven_Ellison at brlhardy.com.au Steven_Ellison at brlhardy.com.au
Mon Oct 28 14:43:01 EST 2002

Multiplexor mode uses a lot more resources on a lightly loaded
mail gateway.  I have just change to it and am finding that I will
need to add more memory to the box.  We are only performing
around 8,000 transactions a day on a Celeron, IDE drive and 128MB
of memory.  The Multiplexor needs more memory than this!

We are using SpamAssasin and Clamscan as well.

      Steve

         MIS Department, BRL Hardy Limited
           Reynella, South Australia, 5161

|---------+----------------------------------------->
|         |           Ray Spinhirne                 |
|         |           <rays at admin.stedwards.edu>    |
|         |           Sent by:                      |
|         |           mimedefang-admin at lists.roaring|
|         |           penguin.com                   |
|         |                                         |
|         |                                         |
|         |           29/10/2002 06:03 AM           |
|         |           Please respond to mimedefang  |
|         |                                         |
|---------+----------------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com                                                          |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Mimedefang] MIMEDefang survey...                                                        |

> Hi,
>
> 1) Does anyone actually use MIMEDefang in non-multiplexor mode?  I want
> to drop support for this in mimedefang.c

We still use the non-multiplexor mode.  I don't see why we could not
use the multplexor mode just have not got arrount to making the change
to start up files.

Ray Spinhirne
St. Edward's University