[Mimedefang] Eek? Out of memory!

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Oct 15 15:45:01 EDT 2002

"David F. Skoll" wrote:

> 2 - The message contains many, possibly deeply-nested, MIME parts,
> causing the MIME-Tools parser to use excessive amounts of memory.  The
> message will probably NOT get through next time, and you'll have to
> take action to stop repeated tempfails, like calling the sending
> administrator and asking what the message is about.

    This is more the case.  The server's idle, and everything else is running
fine - other mail is getting delivered with no problems - even bursts are coming
through.  This is the only message that keeps failing, so you're right, maybe a
call to their admin would be in order here.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.