[Mimedefang] headers after multiple passes

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 9 02:18:01 EDT 2002

>From: "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
>
>Really??  Can't Outlook do:
>
>	IF header CONTAINS text THEN ...
>
>Even crummy old Netscape 4.x can do that.  There must be a way in
>Outlook.

Outlook can only search for a phrase in all the headers, you can't specify
which header to search (though by careful crafting of the search phrase you
can achieve something similar).

The flip side is that you can specify exceptions and multiple search phrases
within a single rule.

>** sigh **
>
>Why do people use Outlook, anyway?

Me, I use it because it does everything I want in a way I want it to (well,
except for the security holes).  The only thing that comes close, for me, is
Evolution.  Sadly there's no Windows port of that yet :-)

Show me another MUA that also allows me to store my contacts, calendar,
notes and a to-do list and I'll be interested.  Show me one that does all
that and also allows me to sync all that with my Palm and mobile phone and
I'll be even more interested.  With Outlook I can do all that, making my
life easier.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?