[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.22-BETA-2 is available

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Oct 1 10:19:00 EDT 2002

Hi,

It's at http://www.roaringpenguin.com/mimedefang/mimedefang-2.22-BETA-2.tar.gz

This beta integrates a lot of code from John Kirkland:

- A new global variable $VirusName holds the name of a found virus (if it could
  be determined.)

- New md_log and md_log_enable functions have been added to facilitate
  integration with graphdefang.

- The mimedefang-filter.5 man page has been expanded, and (I hope) lifetime
  of global variables has been clarified.

Attached is complete changelog since 2.21.

2002-10-01  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* mimedefang-filter.5.in: Clarified filter documentation,
	especially with regards to global variables.  Thanks
	to Tony Nugent for his useful post at
	http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2002-October/002576.html

	* mimedefang.pl.in: Added $VirusName variable (John Kirkland)

	* examples/suggested-minimum-filter-for-windows-clients: Added
	calls to md_log (John Kirkland)

2002-09-27  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* utils.c (MXCommand): Slightly better error messages

	* mimedefang.pl.in: Added md_log_enable and md_log (John Kirkland)

2002-09-25  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* redhat/mimedefang-spec.in: Remove references to mime-tools-patch.txt;
	change group of spool dirs to "defang" (Stephane Lentz)

2002-09-24  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

        * I think this is when 2.22-BETA-1 was released...

	* rm_r.c (rm_r): Add compile-time option for forking/exec'ing
	/bin/rm to clean up, instead of using built-in C code.

	* mimedefang.pl.in (entity_contains_virus_sophos): Better
	regexp for filtering virus-scanner messages.
	(Michael McCarthy)

	* mimedefang.pl.in (action_defang): Make last
	three arguments to action_defang optional. (Ben Reser)

	* mimedefang.pl.in (anomy_clean_html): Workaround for Anomy
	"Use of uninitialized variable" errors (Aaron Paetznick)

	* mimedefang.pl.in: Add "MIME-Version: 1.0" and
	messages (Enrico Scholz)

2002-09-18  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* mimedefang.c (eom): Added "-T" option to mimedefang.

2002-09-12  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* mimedefang.c (envfrom): Log the directory name which could
	not be created if we were unable to create spool dir.