[Mimedefang] Hold expensive

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Oct 31 14:43:01 EST 2002

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 Alberto.daSilva at rmb.co.za wrote:

> Using MIMEDefang, is it possible to:

>      receive a message,
>      check it's content,
>      if it's a large mpeg (for example) hold it,
>      release it to internal mail system after hours

The way I would do it is to re-mail it with Sendmail in
deferred mode, using a special config file which puts it in a special
holding queue.  A manual queue run will clear that queue.  (You return
action_discard() after the message is successfully resent.)

For source code, see the resend_message_specifying_mode() function
in mimedefang.pl.  A slight modification of that function to use
a custom Sendmail config file will do the trick.