[Mimedefang] verifing virtual domains users

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Thu Oct 31 11:23:00 EST 2002

I'm not sure if this is in mimedefang's scope or not.  Maybe someone can
point me to another milter.

sendmail does give you a "user unknown" for the main domain if the "RCPT
TO:" person does not exist.

I need a milter that would verify linuxconf virtual users when the remote
machine sends the "RCPT TO:" command.  I believe that the default nature of
sendmail is to always accept vdomains with no user checking.  linuxconf
doesn't have it's own milter yet but I was just checking if it was possible
to add linuxconf vdomain support into MIMEdefang.  Aliases and passwd parse
just like the /etc/passwd file.

/etc/vmail/aliases.vdomain.com
/etc/vmail/passwd.vdomain.com
/vhome/vdomain.com (for vIMAP user's folders)
/var/spool/vmail/vdomain.com (main mailboxs)

-eric wood