[Mimedefang] Mimedefang 2.16 unable to create directory in spool dir

Heidi Hornstein heidi at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Oct 31 10:38:00 EST 2002

>Oct 21 10:25:37 server1 mimedefang[282]: [ID 142508 mail.warning] Could
>not create mdefang directory in /var/spool/MIMEDefang: File exists
>
>I believe this is due to the temporary working directory Mimedefang
>creates when processing mail.
>
>I'm using Mimedefang 2.16, with Solaris 8 on a Sun Ultra 2 with 256MB RAM
>and 1GB swap. Sendmail is 8.12.5

Switch to Sun's compiler or change to newer version of gcc.  I ran into
this problem with an older gcc.  When I stepped through mimedefang with a
debugger, I found it wasn't doing "errno != EDADF" check.  If another
thread already was using that particular working directory, the program
wouldn't loop to try a different directory name.