[Mimedefang] SMTP Error codes and phrases

Alberto.daSilva at rmb.co.za Alberto.daSilva at rmb.co.za
Tue Oct 29 06:47:01 EST 2002

Depending to the reason I reply with meaningful error code.

spam_assassin
     550 Message rejected - Invalid content
DNSBL:
     "Mail from " $&{client_addr} " rejected see http://www.ordb.org"
/etc/mail/access
     From:rmb.co.za      ERROR:5.7.1:550 From domain invalid
Bad_extension
     "Message rejected - For safety reasons attachment $fname ($type) with
extension $ext not allowed"

I avoid terms such as "blacklisted" or "spam" in the error codes,
and rather use euphemisms like "invalid content".

Got into a bit of hot water once using the less diplomatic wording.

Regards,

Alberto