[Mimedefang] mimedefang cannot open clamd socket

Alberto.daSilva at rmb.co.za Alberto.daSilva at rmb.co.za
Mon Oct 28 03:00:01 EST 2002

Greetings,

I'm not a perl programmer, so here goes.

Using mimedefang-2.24 and clamav-0.51 on Solaris 8 SPARC , perl 5.005_03.

Could not get MD to connect to clamd.

I had a look at some examples and mimedefang.pl and only by changing
     my $sock = IO::Socket::UNIX->new($clamd_sock);
     my $sock = IO::Socket::UNIX->new(Peer=>$clamd_sock);
could I get MD to talk to clamd.

Is this correct? Is this a Solaris issue?

Thanks

Alberto
The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be
unlawful. Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and
integrity of information and data transmitted electronically and to
preserve the confidentiality thereof, no liability or responsibility
whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for whatever reason,
corrupted or does not reach its intended destination.