[Mimedefang] Unsafe use of virus scanner in example filters

Scott.Larnach at ed.ac.uk Scott.Larnach at ed.ac.uk
Sat Oct 26 21:18:01 EDT 2002

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Martin Bene wrote:

> Depending on your degree of paranoia,
> 	$FoundVirus = ($action eq "quarantine");
>
> should be a better definition of what to treat as a virus.

I have been using

    ($code, $cat, $act) = message_contains_virus_sophie();
    if ($cat eq 'virus') {
      # found a virus...
    }
    elsif ($cat ne 'ok') {
      md_syslog('err', "$QueueID: Virus scanner error: $code $cat $act");
      return action_tempfail('Server virus scanner failure');
    }
    # no virus...

which so far seems to work fine. At any rate, it tempfails when sophie
isn't running. We'll see for real, I guess, when it goes into service,
next week hopefully.

Scott Larnach