[Mimedefang] Bug in action_defang?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Oct 25 21:05:01 EDT 2002

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Sidney Markowitz wrote:

> Then what do you suggest to achieve the following:

> I would like to check the message with SpamAssassin. If it scores
> over the threshold I would like to add some headers and rewrite the
> message in multiple parts, the first being the entire body of the
> original message with the content-type set to be text/plain
> (defanged), the second being the unchanged original message as
> content-type message/rfc822 to make it easy to recover the original
> message, and the third part being the SpamAssassin report as
> content-type text/plain.

It's a bit difficult to do it all in filter_end() with MIMEDefang
functions.

You might be able to do it more easily by establishing the spam score
in filter_begin(), and then defanging each part in filter() if the
score was high, and then adding the SpamAssassin report and message/rfc822
part by reading INPUTMSG in filter_end().

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to do this?  Why repeat the
message content?  Also, what if the original message has more than one
part -- do you want them all to be defanged?