[Mimedefang] 2.23 md_log problem

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Oct 24 17:09:01 EDT 2002

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Heidi Hornstein wrote:

> I just ran into a problem with md_log.  There were two emails being
> scanned with one being rejected in filter_sender.  However, md_log recorded
> the right event but for the wrong msg id, relayaddr, sender, recipients, and
> subject. I see in the sendmail log the "Milter add: header" on the correct
> msg id.

This is because the global variables ($Sender, etc.) are not valid in
filter_sender, filter_relay or filter_recipient.  The next release of
MIMEDefang, currently in CVS, explicitly clears out all of these
variables so they are empty once their validity has expired.

(Clearly, inside filter_sender, it is not possible to know the Message-ID,
subject or recipients.  That info hasn't yet been transmitted.)

You should not use md_log outside filter, filter_multipart, filter_begin
or filter_end.