[Mimedefang] Which AV package are most people using with MimeDefang?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Oct 24 10:26:01 EDT 2002

> From:  StefanoMcGhee

> If you have GroupShield, then this you should allow you to use
> uvscan (for linux).  I have no reservations in recommending it, it
> has worked very well for me for more than 18 months.  (Licence costs
> are an issue in some situations so recently I've been looking at
> alternatives).

The free clamav (http://clamav.elektrapro.com/) has been working
well for me.  Even though the home page claims that they use
the OpenAntiVirus signature database I think they have actually
been updating their own version more often.  It has been identifying
bugbear and recent klez variations nicely.  I haven't changed
to the recently released clamd daemon yet but load hasn't been
much of a problem.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com