[Mimedefang] Which AV package are most people using with MimeDefang?

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Wed Oct 23 12:46:01 EDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, David F. Skoll wrote:

> Has anyone tried this experiment?
>
> - Install ClamAV with the clamd daemon and freshclam.
> - Block all the dangerous extensions with MD.
> - Wait a month or two and see if *anything* gets past that would have
>   been trapped by a commercial virus scanner.

Works for me at home.  I'm going to set it up with File::Scan and clamd at
an ISP some time in the next week or two.  They'll probably buy sophos
(for sophie) if anything gets past it, they won't buy anything if not.

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA