[Mimedefang] clamd is not responding?

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Wed Oct 23 12:33:00 EDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Douglas J Hunley wrote:

> version is 0.51. config attached

> PidFile /var/run/clamd.pid

/var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.pid (or whatever your spool dir is) might be a
better choice for that.

> User smmsp

Here you want the user that MD runs as, probably 'defang'.  If you run
MIMEDefang as user 'smmsp', I'd suggest that you change it.

Are you actually using clamuko?  If no, I'd scrap all of the clamuko
settings you have set in there.

Here's my entire config file.  I run clamd as root, it drops priviledges to
the 'mdefang' user, my spool dir is /ram/MIMEDefang.

PidFile /ram/MIMEDefang/clamd.pid
LocalSocket /ram/MIMEDefang/clamd.sock
MaxDirectoryRecursion 15
User mdefang
ArchiveMaxFileSize 10M
ArchiveMaxRecursion 5
ArchiveMaxFiles 1000

The actual error that you were getting FYI, is that when MD sent a "PING" to
clamd to see if it was alive, clamd was supposed to respond with "PONG", but
it didn't.

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA