[Mimedefang] Which AV package are most people using with MimeDefang?

listuser at neo.pittstate.edu listuser at neo.pittstate.edu
Wed Oct 23 09:33:01 EDT 2002

When I inquired previously (search the archives on my email address) the
two most highly recommended was Sophos and NOD32, NOD32 taking top seat.
If you can strike a deal with those folks, you might be able to roll you
campus AV solution in with your email AV solution.  ie you buy x-thousand
licenses for Sophos to cover your campus, giving you an email AV solution,
and you get them to allow you to also run the desktop version too.  I
don't know if they'd go for it but if you're buying say 20,000 licenses,
they might do it.  They still get a large amount of business and they make
a customer happy.

My $.02

Justin

PS==> I'm trying RAV because it's cheap and cheap is good around here.  I
still hate their oddball directory structure and I wouldn't dream of
letting their (or anyone else's) AV client directly tie into my MTA like
that want you to.