[Mimedefang] Personal Whitelists

jmiller at purifieddata.net jmiller at purifieddata.net
Wed Oct 23 09:25:01 EDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Jason KRISCH wrote:

> Has anyone figured out a way to have individual user whitelists in
> a system wide / gateway setup that does not have user accounts on the
> SA / MIMEDefang machine?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jed

On the first line of filter_begin in mimedefang-filter, place this:
	if (stream_by_recipient()) {
		return;
	}
(see man mimedefang-filter for an explanation of stream_by_recipient)

Then, in filter_begin, build your whitelist stuff to check against
@Recipients (actually, you'll only need to check agains $Recipients[0]
since every message will now have only one recipient).
There's some example whitelisting code in /contrib/linuxorg/filter.
I've also seen several examples submitted to this list incase you need
actual whitelist code examples.