[Mimedefang] Milter initialisation failing

Richard Cooper ric at digital-animations.com
Tue Oct 22 10:11:02 EDT 2002

I asked this yesterday and (call me impatient :) didn't illicit any responses, but it has really become a sticking point as I can't figure out what the error is. I took out F=T in INPUT_MAIL_FILTER in my sendmail.mc so that sendmail will at least pass the mail when milter fails (which is every message with me). This - Oct 22 14:55:50 temp sm-mta[142]: g9MDtowJ000142: Milter (mimedefang): to error state - still appears in maillog when I send an email through. I have searched google and only found people asking the same question with no replies (which usually means it is a stupid question, sadly).

Is there anyway to get an error message that will give me more clues that just ': to error state' because my problem is really having no starting point to work out what is going wrong (I have updated all my sources and recompiled kernel+world just in case -  no luck). Or is there any standard errors I should and could be looking or testing for. Sorry as well if this is really a sendmail question but I figure that there is more condensed milter knowledge here than the sendmail mailing list (which really had very few milter based questions in its history).

I don't want to beg, but I will if I have to because I'm really getting nowhere solving this.

Thanks
Ric