[Mimedefang] Using External Whitelists

Jason KRISCH jasonk at ali-inc.com
Mon Oct 21 11:49:00 EDT 2002

David,
Thanks for your reply!

It is my understanding (and experience) that MIMEDefang / SA doesn't use all of the .cf files in /usr/share/spamassassin.  The only way I could get whitelisting, or more specifically, blacklisting to work is to use the "blacklist_from" or "whitelist_from" in the /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf.  I am still looking for a way to do it in separate files.

Thanks!

Jed

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Jason KRISCH wrote:

> Is there anyway to use external / separate whitelists?  I want to
> have two individual files to act as my whitelist and blacklist instead
> of using the /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf.  My purpose is
> to make it easily scriptable to be able to add / remove from a trusted
> WWW page.

The default installation of SpamAssassin with MIMEDefang sucks in all
the configuration files in /usr/share/spamassassin.  So put your
blacklist/whitelist files there (or put symlinks there.)

However, please note that you have to send the multiplexor an INT signal
to have the SpamAssassin configuration files reread.  There may be
security issues related to doing this from a CGI.