[Mimedefang] Milter initialisation failing

Richard Cooper ric at digital-animations.com
Mon Oct 21 11:20:01 EDT 2002

I am getting the following messages after installing Mimedefang from the FreeBSD port (FreeBSD 4.7-stable).

Oct 21 14:25:39 temp sm-mta[181]: g9LDPd9f000181: Milter (mimedefang): to error state
Oct 21 14:25:39 temp sm-mta[181]: g9LDPd9f000181: Milter: initialization failed, temp failing commands

Does this mean Milter isn't compiled in, or is it a mimedefang config problem? Any ideas? I relied on the HOWTO last time so now that its offline I apologise for any stupid questions. When I installed it on my test machine it all worked first time, but that was a fresh 4.7 install whereas this is an upgrade from 4.5 so its possible that Milter was compiled by default last time and not this time.

Cheers
Ric