[Mimedefang] After loading MIMEDefang, sendmail refuses to start

Graham Dunn gdunn at inscriber.com
Mon Oct 21 09:12:01 EDT 2002

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 08:17:38PM +1000, Roland Verlander wrote:
> I compiled /w milter and followed MIMEDefang docs. Maybe my old conf files
> don't work in newer sendmail?

As an earlier poster mentioned, the line

"INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(mimedefang,S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock,
F=T, T=S:60s;R:60s;E:5m)"

should be in sendmail.mc, not sendmail.cf. The m4 .mc -> .cf
translation turns it into

O InputMailFilters=mimedefang
Xmimedefang, S=local:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T,
T=S:60sm;R:60s;E:5m

which will work in sendmail.cf ...

Instructions for creating an mc file appropriate for your system (as
opposed to hacking around with a cf) are located in cf/README in your
sendmail source directory.

Graham