[Mimedefang] After loading MIMEDefang, sendmail refuses to start

Roland Verlander rolyv at bigpond.com
Mon Oct 21 05:50:01 EDT 2002

That fixed AutoRebuildAliases error but still:

Future versions of MIMEDefang may refuse to run as root.
554 5.0.0 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 71: unknown configuration line
"INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(mimedefang,S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock,
F=T, T=S:60s;R:60s;E:5m)"
Msmtp: Warning: first argument in [IPC] mailer must be TCP or FILE
Mesmtp: Warning: first argument in [IPC] mailer must be TCP or FILE
Msmtp8: Warning: first argument in [IPC] mailer must be TCP or FILE
Mrelay: Warning: first argument in [IPC] mailer must be TCP or FILE

Those errors (And its definatly a MIMEDefang prob as plain 8.12.3 without
works without MIMEDefang)
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Roland Verlander wrote:
>
> > After loading MIMEDefang on Red Hat 6.2 /w Sendmail 8.12.3 (I updated
from
> > 8.9.3 without probs) sendmail gives these errors (8.12.3 without
MIMEDefang