[Mimedefang] Logging

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Fri Oct 18 12:46:01 EDT 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Jason Abbott wrote:

> I start mimedefang MX_LOG=yes, MX_STATS=yes, MX_STATS_SYSLOG=yes, but I have
> no idea what I need to do to make my spam header show up in the logs.  If you

   Hi Jason, if you want SA logging done, you have to tell it in your
rules file (mimedefang-filter).  In the sample rules file, the call to
SpamAssassin is made in the filter_end subroutine.  Right under the line
that looks like this:

	action_change_header("X-Spam-Score", "$hits ($score) $names");

add this:

	md_log("Spam score of $hits detected");

Note that only the latest couple of releases of MD support the md_log
call.

   HTH...

Jim