[Mimedefang] Sendmail 8.9.3 and MIMEDefang

Barry Byrne barry.byrne at wbtsystems.com
Fri Oct 18 10:42:00 EDT 2002

Roland:

Short answer NO - can't use MIMEDefang with Sendmail 8.9.3.

MIMEDefang requires milter which wasn't available until sendmail 8.10, and
not supported until 8.11 if memory serves me correctly, and really didn't
work correctly until 8.12.3!

You should think about upgrading to the latest sendmail for security reasons
if nothing else. Have a look at Mickey Hill's installation guide at:
http://www.rudolphtire.com/mimedefang-howto/

If you follow that, it shouldn't be too hard.

Cheers,

Barry

--
Barry Byrne, IT Manager,