[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.22.

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Thu Oct 17 21:29:00 EDT 2002

On Thu Oct 17 2002 at 16:42, "Brad Dameron" wrote:

> Also, is there a way to disable the quarantine messages from being sent
> easily? Or do I need to jump into the mimedefang-filter and do some code
> modifying? I'd hate to get 20 to 25 thousand of these messages. What about a

The whole idea is to modify /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter for your own
specific purposes.  So yes, do that.

Modify the filter so that instead of sending administrative emails,
they are being syslogged instead, eg:

    syslog ('warning', "$QueueID: quarantine=virus virus=$virusname file=$infectedfile");

> bounce message back to the sender that says they sent a message with a
> virus?

Please don't do that.

Many viruses (especially bugbear) forge the sender address, so all
you'll end up doing is firing bullets at invalid email accounts or
innocent people.

Cheers
Tony