[Mimedefang] problem getting mimedefang running with sendmail

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Oct 17 18:07:02 EDT 2002

Andrew wrote:

> m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf
>
> my sendmail file just plops the line right in, exactly as it shows up above.
> It doesn't add anything else to the sendmail.cf file either.

    Two things jump out at me:

    1) The correct 'm4' line is:
       m4 -D_CF_DIR=/path/to/sendmail_cf/ /path/to/sendmail_cf/m4/cf.m4
/path/to/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

       In my case, I made things easy by copying the contents of the 'cf'
directory from the sendmail source into /etc/mail/sendmail_cf, so the above line
for me becomes:

       m4 -D_CF_DIR=/etc/mail/sendmail_cf/ /etc/mail/sendmail_cf/m4/cf.m4
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

    2) Did you actually compile sendmail with milter enabled?

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.