[Mimedefang] Spam to inactive accounts

Stefano McGhee SMcGhee at ARCweb.com
Wed Oct 16 09:09:01 EDT 2002

Hey,
	I use the ACCESS table and it works great.  Once you get the
initial group of spam receivers loaded in, keeping it up to date is not too
much of a big deal.  Saved my Exchage serveer quite a bit of work.  I've
not used the virtusertable for that.  Most of my work has been done in the
access table.  Make sure the blacklist feature is enables in the
sendmail.cf mile as well.

HTH,

Stefano

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Cooper [mailto:ric at digital-animations.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 5:53 AM
To: mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
Subject: RE: [Mimedefang] Spam to inactive accounts

The problem I am having with this solution is that most spammers do not
put the rcpt address anywhere near the to: line (I guess BCC or similar)
so virtusertable does not pick it up - we still get plenty of emails
going through our relay to Exchange and being bounced (even though the
rcpt is in virtusertable as error:nouser No such user here). I was
planning today to try putting them in access and seeing if that made any
difference, is there a difference between when access and virtusertable
check the mail?

Cheers
Ric