[Mimedefang] Using Spamassassin's spamd/c

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Tue Oct 15 14:51:01 EDT 2002

On 10/15/02 at 20:40, 'twas brillig and Dirk Mueller scrobe:
> On Die, 15 Okt 2002, jmiller at purifieddata.net wrote:
>
> > fwiw, mimedefang-x.xx/contrib/linuxorg/filter contains a whitelist
> > feature, using the file "spam-deliver".
>
> BTW, SpamAssassin has a very powerful "auto-whitelist" mode as well.
> Unfortunately I never got it to work with mimedefang (yet?) but it exists.

	Asked and answered previously:
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2002-July/001856.html

	The reason it won't work with MD is that the auto-whitelist
feature really can't be used unless SA is run as the recipient user.
Unless you're using stream_by_recipient (incidentally going against
the author's recommendations, see
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2002-June/001455.html)
then SA doesn't have the user context to do the whitelisting.

		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX; postmaster, news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key

perl -e 'print$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'