[Mimedefang] Problem upgrading from MD2.7 to 2.22

Dave Williss dwilliss at microimages.com
Tue Oct 15 11:30:01 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] Problem upgrading from MD2.7 to 2.22

> On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Dave Williss wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to upgrade our MimeDefang setup and I'm getting an
> > error with 2.22 beta 4.  The following errors are logged in my
> > /var/spool/maillog
>
> Your upgrade is failing because some files are still at 2.7, and others
are
> at 2.22.  The C-Perl interface has changed.  You need to delete all the
> old MIMEDefang-related files and programs.

Ok, this one was tricky, but I found the problem.

I checked, and after the "make install", the following files had been
updated:
        /usr/local/bin/mimedefang
        /usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl
        /usr/local/bin/mimedefang-multiplexor
So everything LOOKED fine.  The problem was that I had forgotten to
restart sendmail. It had apparently started the older mimedefang executable
and left it hanging around.  Restarting sendmail fixed the problem.
I'm not running 2.22-BETA-4 just in time for BETA 5 to come out :-)