[Mimedefang] How can I stop this?

Dave Shepherd Dave.Shepherd at vixel.com
Mon Oct 14 12:07:00 EDT 2002

"Ashley M. Kirchner" wrote:

> The sender was '<Cigars-4-sue at photocraftlab.com>'.
> The relay machine was adsl-57.75.42.info.com.ph (202.57.75.42).
>
>     Obviously this was a faked From address.  'photocraftlab.com' is our domain
> that no one, not even ourselves, should use.

I force my local users to use one system (sparrow.vixel.com) that has
AUTH implemented
and force everyone else to use another system (grouse.vixel.com). Here's
how !

Turn on filter_sender (mimedefang -s) - This is grouse.vixel.com
(inbound smtp traffic)

sub filter_sender {
          my ($sender, $ip, $hostname, $helo) = @_;

          if ($sender =~ /\@vixel.com>?$/i) {
                return (0, 'Sorry; Try sparrow.vixel.com for local
relay');
          }
          return (1, "ok");
}