[Mimedefang] Problem upgrading from MD2.7 to 2.22

Dave Williss dwilliss at microimages.com
Mon Oct 14 11:56:01 EDT 2002

I'm trying to upgrade our MimeDefang setup and I'm getting an
error with 2.22 beta 4.  The following errors are logged in my
/var/spool/maillog

Cannot open COMMANDS file from mimedefang: No such file or directory
Perl stderr: MD working dir = /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mdefang-3DAAE68B-9 (I
added this debugging output)
Perl stderr: Cannot open COMMANDS file from mimedefang: No such file or
directory at /usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl line 261
Filter did not remove UNFINISHED file -- returning tempfail code to sendmail

I added the line that printed out the working directory so I
could see what was going on.  If I'm fast enough, the directory
is there for a very short while.  It doesn't have a COMMANDS
file in it though. There's HEADERS, HOSTNAME, QUEUEID,
SENDER, UNFINISHED, HOSTIP, IMPUTMSG, RECIPIENTS,
and STDERR

I've reverted back to 2.7 for now and it seems to be working again.

 -- Dave Williss
------
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
   for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup