[Mimedefang] How can I stop this?

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Sat Oct 12 10:55:01 EDT 2002

"Ashley M. Kirchner" wrote:
> The sender was '<Cigars-4-sue at photocraftlab.com>'.
> The relay machine was adsl-57.75.42.info.com.ph (202.57.75.42).
>
>     Obviously this was a faked From address.  'photocraftlab.com' is our
> domain that no one, not even ourselves, should use.

*scratch head*  I don't know why you wouldn't allow use of a domain you
own...  but if you don't want it used you should be able to add it to a
blacklist at the MTA level.  On sendmail, add

photocraftlab.com	REJECT

to /etc/mail/access, rebuild the access map, and off you go.  You could
also DISCARD, or use any valid SMTP response code- "550 Mail for this
domain not accepted" for instance.  No point in even *involving*
MIMEDefang, unless you want to do more specific filtering.

I don't know where to look on other MTAs, but something similar should
be possible.

-kgd
--
Money is overrated.