[Mimedefang] Spamassassin (2.42) not looking at DNSBL

Kevin Withnall kevin at withnall.com
Sat Oct 12 02:45:01 EDT 2002

When I run spamassassin from the command line, ie spamassassin -t <
sample-spam.txt it includes things like ..

SPAM: RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM (0.4 points)  RBL: Received via a relay in
relays.osirusoft.com
SPAM:                    [RBL check: found
142.249.10.63.relays.osirusoft.com., type: 127.0.0.3]
SPAM: X_OSIRU_DUL        (4.5 points)  RBL: DNSBL: sender ip address in
in a dialup block
SPAM: X_OSIRU_DUL_FH     (0.4 points)  RBL: Received from first hop
dialup listed in relays.osirusoft.com
SPAM:                    [RBL check: found
142.249.10.63.relays.osirusoft.com., type: 127.0.0.3]

Which is what I would expect. It wasn't't working here until I added the
Net::DNS package in CPAN.

I then assumed that it would check while running under mimedefang but
even with the same message put into the queue for sendmail to process,
it seems to not do the DNS checks.

I have re-bilt and installed mimedefand and spamassassin and stopped and
started all mail proceses to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get it to work and possibly how
to enable more logging so I can tell whats going on?

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Kevin