[Mimedefang] clamd support.

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Fri Oct 11 15:52:01 EDT 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 jmiller at purifieddata.net wrote:

> I'll let you finish it off then. I've only got the functional part done as
> well (didn't want to start working on the rest until I knew whether or not
> I'd be doing redunant work).

OK.  Actually, I had less to do than I thought and I was able to rip off
my own code for sophie <g>.  I might be done...  Testing it out, I'll
probably send a patch to David in a little bit.

> Is there a need for directory recursion? I disabled clamd's support for
> digging into archives, and set the recursion to 1. Does mimedefang pull
> mime entities out into sub directories?

No.  ...but I found a case where clamd wouldn't be able to do this:

- open new socket
SCAN $cwd/Work
- it closes the socket

I posted about it to the clam users list:

http://archive.elektrapro.com/clamav.elektrapro.com/users/2002/10/msg00005.html

...but no responses so far.  So I wrote it up to do this:

- open new socket
SCAN $cwd/Work/file1.ext
- it closes the socket
- open new socket
SCAN $cwd/Work/file2.ext
- it closes the socket
- open new socket
SCAN $cwd/Work/file3.ext
- it closes the socket

...which sucks, but it'll still be super fast.  If it's fixed (or I find
out it was me), I'll send in another patch.

  Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA