[Mimedefang] clamd support.

jmiller at purifieddata.net jmiller at purifieddata.net
Fri Oct 11 14:29:00 EDT 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Jason Englander wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 jmiller at purifieddata.net wrote:
>
> > I'm adding clamd support to my mimedefang.pl, and wanted to know if anyone
> > was already working on adding it to the base distribution.
> >
> > If no one is working on it, I'd be happy to make some patches for all the
> > files and submit them. If someone's already working on distribution
> > support for this, I'll just hardcode my options in for now and not worry
> > about all the little details.
>
> I've got the functional part done, but I'm still finishing up the man
> pages and autoconf stuff.  I'll try to do it over the weekend.  I haven't
> had time to touch it since I last posted about it (which you replied
> to...), so if you're further along than me - go for it.

I'll let you finish it off then. I've only got the functional part done as
well (didn't want to start working on the rest until I knew whether or not
I'd be doing redunant work).

> BTW, I found a case where clamd directory recursion is 100% broken, so I
> modified it to opendir and then scan each file one at a time (instead of
> letting clamd do the same thing).
>
>   Jason
>
> --
> Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
> 394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA

Is there a need for directory recursion? I disabled clamd's support for
digging into archives, and set the recursion to 1. Does mimedefang pull
mime entities out into sub directories?

--
Josh I.