[Mimedefang] Attachment filtering filename mismatches

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Thu Oct 10 14:35:01 EDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 01:51:34PM -0400, David T Hollis wrote:
> We recently introduced filtering off bad attachment formats (small
> subset of the stock ones in the example filter) and have come across a
> small problem on the name matching.  People are sending VCards (.vcf)
> which are not blocked, but the filter is matching in cases where the
> filename contains .com (as in joedomain.com.html, Joe User
> (juser at domain.com).vcf).  Any workaround for this?

David,
perl code is your friend :-)
MIMEDefang is very clean and clear (thanks David).

Look at your mimedefang-filter filter, especially filter_bad_filename
You will have to
-  add  return 0  if  (....) ;  in filter_bad_filename for special cases you want to allow
 or
- change  the $re reg-exp

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz / Alcanet International - Internet Services