[Mimedefang] RE: Redhat 8

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Thu Oct 10 12:16:01 EDT 2002

I doubt this is your problem, especially if your other perl scripts are
working, but you might want to check...

I had tons of trouble with perl scripts working after the upgrade even
ones that came with standard packages, all related to UTF8 (they all
spit out tons of error messages).

After almost pulling my hair out, I found that the language was set to
en_US.UTF-8

To solve it, I went into /etc/sysconfig/i18n and changed the language to
en_US.

After that almost all my perl scripts again (I still had to modify
logwatch, but that is now working too).

Troy