[Mimedefang] non-virus executables

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Oct 9 14:44:01 EDT 2002

> From: Dan Tulovsky
>
> Why don't you ask your users to zip files?  That's what we do.

Then you have to assume that the recipient has an unzip utility
which often isn't the case for the customers we support.  I'm
really only concerned with things that cause mailers to pervert
the meaning of 'open' into 'execute the contents of'.  Social
engineering tricks of including instructions to rename or unzip
wouldn't be that much different than the one step of saving before
executing.  Could we change the MIME type to application-octet-stream
on questionable parts - or at least something mailers won't ever
launch?

  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com