[Mimedefang] relay_by_domain, aliasing and SpamAssassin question

Rajesh Bhandari BhandaR at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Wed Oct 9 10:03:00 EDT 2002

>>> les at futuresource.com 10/09/02 09:15AM >>>
>From: "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
>
> > The plan is to make this a mailhub/relay relaying mail for four
> > different internal sub-domains.  So I would do alias expansion to
> > deliver the mail to the final server.  The problem is that each
internal
> > domain wants to use a different SA threshold and scores/rules.
>
> Why not do the SA checking on each internal server?  It's certainly
> the simplest way.

>I'm running MimeDefang on the internet relay host to avoid checking
>internal -> internal messages.  We have a lot of traffic on internal
lists
>and from  system notification message that would be expensive to
scan.
>The threshold issue can be handled by making score easier to parse
>as discussed in another thread if you can get some agreement on
rules.

This IS the internet relay host.

Here's what I want to do.  User's email address is user at domain.com.
Mail sent to user at domain.com gets alias expanded to
user at host1.domain.com, user at host2.domain.com etc.  Host1.domain.com
is the mailserver for department1, host2 for department2 etc.
Department1 want SA ok_locales set to english only and the Spam tagging
as ****SPAM****, and threshold set to 5.2.  Department2 want SA
ok_locales set to en ru and the Spam tag set to SPAM:********* (9.2),
and the threshold set to 7.

IF it were possible to do relay_by_domain, and then the spamcheck with
the specific sa-md-<host?.domain.com>.cf, I could achieve what I want.
Since that's not possible, I am exploring other ways, including the
two-MD instance question I just posted.

Rajesh