[Mimedefang] relay_by_domain, aliasing and SpamAssassin question

Rajesh Bhandari BhandaR at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Wed Oct 9 09:48:00 EDT 2002

>>> dfs at roaringpenguin.com 10/09/02 08:50AM >>>
>On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Rajesh Bhandari wrote:

>> The plan is to make this a mailhub/relay relaying mail for four
>> different internal sub-domains.  So I would do alias expansion to
>> deliver the mail to the final server.  The problem is that each
internal
>> domain wants to use a different SA threshold and scores/rules.

>Why not do the SA checking on each internal server?  It's certainly
>the simplest way.

The four internal servers are a mix - two Sun Solaris, one MS-Exchange
and one Novell GroupWise, with the majority of the users on GroupWise.

>Alternatively, run "sendmail -bv" for each address to figure out who
it
>will get relayed to, and stream based on that.

I'll investigate the -bv switch.

What about my suggestion of running two instances of MD, since I
already have two instances of sendmail running?  I was looking at the
configs last night, and it looks like I could do the following:
- create /var/spool/MIMEDefang1 and /var/spool/MIMEDefang2
- In the milter line on Sendmail1, point the socket to
/var/spool/MIMEDefang1
- In the milter line on Sendmail2, point the socket to
/var/spool/MIMEDefang2
- Start two instances of MD, with the socket defined using the -m
switch to be MIMEDefang1 and MIMEDefang2 respectively.

Any problems with doing that?

Rajesh