[Mimedefang] non-virus executables

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Oct 9 09:29:01 EDT 2002

Deleting *.exe (and a few others) is causing some problems
for my users (sending program updates to customers, etc.).
On the other hand, I have identified a virus-infected
internal PC sending out *.pif attachments that clamav
didn't match with a known pattern.   For the moment
I have compromised by removing the check for the
types we need to send and receive.   Is there any way
to check the MIME type against the filename and
allow things that won't auto-execute from a mailer?
For example, any application-octet-stream type should
only allow saving to a file.   I'd still like to catch the
*.exe's claiming to be an audio/wav type.

  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com